I will be attending the Houston Quilt Show in November. I will have 4 pieces at the show. Two pieces, “Wolf – the Eyes Have It” and “Henry the Goat” are in the show itself. My International Miniature Quilt Exchange (IMQE) piece, “Eagle, Flag &......
Well, my web site has suffered over the past several months, but we are finally MOVED from our ranch in Colorado to smaller acreage in Emporia, Kansas! My business has officially moved to Kansas as well.
I will be adding blog updates to help catch you up with all the past goings on. I have been busy!
I am now working to get my new studio set up and organized so I can start creating! I will miss Colorado but I am looking at this as my next chapter in my life! All is good!
I currently have no scheduled workshops with openings. Stay tuned!
Martelli Quirky Quilter Retreat – January 2020, Pensacola, FL
I will be teaching a workshop called “Stitching for Dimension” during Martelli’s second Quirky Quilter Retreat in Pensacola, Florida in January 2020. Check their web site (www.MartelliNotions.com) to see if there are any openings for this retreat.
I am available for workshops and Lectures/Trunk Shows!
I would love to come to your guild/group and give a presentation of my background, my work and the various techniques I use. I also offer several different workshops that can be tailored in length. These include:
- Lecture & Trunk Show – Pigment Patchwork – How Did I get here? ($200. Approx. 60 minutes (may take longer depending on the pieces brought to show)). This presentation for guilds and small groups is an introduction to Rhonda Denney, her background, her adventures into quilting and how she developed her unique approach to adding pigments to her fiber art.
- Coloring on Fabric workshop – (3- hour workshop – $30 per person (min 5); 10-15 people – Flat rate of $300 (max of 15) +$10 supply fee per person). This workshop provides an introduction to the use of various pigments on fabric. Attendees will use patterns provided by Rhonda, as well as a variety of different supplied pigments to explore how they can be used on fabric. All skill levels.
- Pigment Patchwork workshop – (1, 2 or 3 full-day workshops – All with a min 5, max 12. 1-day: $45 per person. 10-12, flat rate of $450; 2-day: $90 per person. 10-12, flat rate of $900; 3-day: $130 per person. 10-12, flat rate of $1300.) Discover and explore the artist in you! This workshop provides an introduction to Rhonda’s Pigment Patchwork as well as a project-based application of those techniques. Depending on the length of the workshop, attendees can use either one of Rhonda’s patterns or their own photograph for inspiration for the small project they create during this workshop. Emphasis is on the creation of the art piece “top” using various pigment techniques. Longer workshops may include stitching on their piece. All skill levels. If Rhonda’s patterns are to be used, then there will be an added Supply fee per person.
- Fabric Collage/Confetti workshop – (1, 2 or 3 full-day workshops – All with a min 5, max 12. 1-day: $45 per person. 10-12, flat rate of $450; 2-day: $90 per person. 10-12, flat rate of $900; 3-day: $130 per person. 10-12, flat rate of $1300.) This can be a workshop focusing on either one of these techniques, or both. Find out ways to play with fabric, cutting and layering to create your design. This workshop provides an introduction to using various sizes and types of fabrics in your design. Attendees can use their own photograph for inspiration or use one of Rhonda’s designs for the small project they create during this workshop. Longer workshops may include stitching on their piece. All skill levels. If Rhonda’s patterns are to be used, then there will be an added Supply fee per person.
- Stitching for Dimension workshop – (1 full-day workshop – $75 per person (min 5); 10-15 people – Flat rate of $750 (max of 12) +$20 supply fee per person.) Gain experience with free-motion stitching on your sewing machine to add dimension to your design. This workshop provides an introduction to using various free-motion stitching techniques to create texture and dimension in your fiber art design. Attendees will use a printed panel of one of Rhonda’s designs to practice on during this workshop. All skill levels but it really helps if attendees have knowledge of their sewing machine and have done some free-motion work, even if they are a beginner.
Other Related Costs
Expenses: There will be a charge for round trip mileage (at the current rate), plus meals. Overnight accommodations are required if your location is more than 2 hours from Emporia, KS 66801. Rhonda is willing to stay overnight at the household of a member of the guild as long as the accommodations are smoke-free.
Round-trip flights from Kansas City, MO (MCI), may be required based on the destination location. These will be at best rates, plus baggage fees and parking fees. Rhonda prefers direct flights to be sure that the checked bags of fiber art pieces arrive safely. Actual quilts are better to be shown, so she will require checking at least one bag.Rhonda can combine guild or group visits when traveling to save transportation costs.
Thank you for considering Rhonda for your guild, group or shop presentations!
Rhonda has fabric panels, limited-edition prints and blank note-cards of many of her fiber art pieces!
If you are interested in any of the following items, please contact me for details and costs:
- A portfolio book of my earlier fiber art pieces called Animals, Landscapes & People: Fiber Art by Rhonda Denney, USD$15.
- Fat-Quarter-size full-color fabric printed panels.
- Numbered limited-edition giclee prints of my fiber art on fine archival paper, ready to be matted and framed by you. The size of the print itself is determined by the size of the piece and the paper it is printed on.
- – Small – printed on 4 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ size archival paper
- – Medium- printed on 9 1/2″ x 13″ size archival paper
- – Large- printed on 13″ x 19″ size archival paper
- Blank note-cards of my fiber art
3rd Street Gallery – Westcliffe, Colorado has some of my fiber art prints and notecards.
Arterburn Fine Art & Graphics – Westcliffe, Colorado also has some of my fiber art prints and notecards.