The 8 week "Get Pigment Confident" (GPC) Challenge
My next 8-wk GPC Challenge group starts on Saturday, May 21, 2022 with an Initial Zoom meeting scheduled for Wednesday, May 18, 2022 at 3:30 pm CT.
I offer these 8-wk Challenges throughout the year, so if this start date does not work with your schedule, contact me to find out when the next challenge will be.
This training offers individual training using my web-based App, Pigment-Patchwork. With it, participants access the training on their own schedule, any time.
There is also an Accountability Group where participants can, on their own schedule, post pictures of their progress, ask questions, participate in discussions and communicate with others in their Challenge group.
Then, during the 8-wk Challenge, we have weekly face-to-face sessions where we talk, share wins and discuss challenges. This is the only component that requires a specific schedule.
I am developing other programs where participants can continue their Pigment Patchwork journey, learning more about using other pigments on fabric, participating in projects using pigments, and being able to ask project-specific questions of me. I will also be available for one-on-one coaching.
If you are interested in participating in one of my scheduled 8-wk “Get Pigment Confident” Challenges, start the process by booking a call. If I feel you are a good match for the program, you will then be able to book a call with me to talk more about your specific goals. I look forward to talking with you!
Foundational Concepts of Pigment Patchwork
What is the 8-week Get Pigment Confident (GPC) Challenge?
What are you waiting for?
Why an 8-Week Challenge?
- It allows you to fit the workshop into your life, regardless of your schedule
- I want you to start thinking about taking time each week for activities to enrich your creative voice
- The activities build on each other
- The knowledge and skills build on each other
- The challenge is designed to give you a solid foundation for coloring on fabric using pigments of any kind
- Puts less pressure on you and allows you to relax and have fun – You are in charge of your time
- Challenges you to complete at least one project using Pigment Patchwork techniques
Is Rhonda’s 8-wk GPC Challenge for you?
- Do you enjoy art quilting and want to explore ways of expressing yourself, including using pigments in your art quilts?
- Are you interested in taking control, developing your self-confidence and learning more about pigments?
- Don’t consider yourself an “artist” or you have felt daunted by works that others have done?
- Don’t know where to begin, or how to find the information or are intimidated by all the options that are out there?
- Have you tried studying art quilts created by others, reading articles, looking at demos on YouTube, or signing up for classes… And nothing has quite worked for you?
- Do you wonder how to find the right approach to learn about and practice using pigments in your art quilts if you’re apprehensive and lack confidence in yourself and your abilities to enhance your own creative voice?
- Wonder how you justify spending time and money on solutions like attending classes, reading articles or looking at short video demos if you can’t seem to motivate yourself afterwards to continue learning on your own?
- Feel it is nerve-racking to try something new? What if you are not successful and feel even worse about your own potential?
- Wonder if the constant battle to master new art quilt techniques really worth it?
- Wonder if you can really get more confident using pigments in your art quilting without feeling overwhelmed about where to start or if you feel like you cannot do it?
- Wonder when and how should you practice developing your skills and what should you avoid?
- Should you even think that you could actually successfully use pigments in your art quilts?
- Are you comparing yourself with others and feeling that you could never actually learn to use pigments?
- Wonder if you’re doing the right exercises to really learn how to use pigments?
- Wonder about other aspects of quilting that might affect your success in using pigments in your art quilts?
What are you waiting for?
Structure of the 8-wk GPC Challenge
- Week 1 – Quick Start – Pigment Confidence Ignited
- Week 2 – Jumping in with Both Feet
- Week 3 – Exploring a Path
- Week 4 – Exploring other Paths
- Week 5 – Look at What I Created!
- Week 6 – Put a Bow On It
- Week 7 – Take a Bow!
- Week 8 – Show & Share – Time to Celebrate
- Optional Bonus Week 9
- Optional Bonus Week 10